Thursday, February 4, 2010

Overrated

Valentine's can be somewhat overrated sometimes.

I thought if you're happy & in love with that special someone, everyday's supposed to be Valentine's? Not particularly on 14th Feb. Isn't that right?

But yes, marketing as it is, you can't help it. The atmosphere of 'love is in the air' is themed all over the shopping malls (not so much this year, thanks to CNY! I love you CNY!)

So as I was walking around the mall yesterday, I came across this back to basic definitions that read :

Companion : Walks with me through experiences of life, sees the world through the same eyes.

Soul mates : I love you for not only what you are, but for what I am when I'm with you.

Lover : Weak in the knees when you walk into the room.

I was pondering last night and realised, yeah... sometimes we're rigid looking at the pre-qualifications, pre-requiremens, conditions to determine a right one who comes along, but fail to see the simplest rule of thumb it takes to just acknowledge the fact that you've found the right one.

I find revisiting these simple definitions rather meaningful, rather... liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment