Thursday, November 13, 2008

Never Deny Yourself Value

One thing you should never do to yourself is to deny yourself value.
People can throw sarcasm at you, judge you, criticise you, make you feel shitty... and still, you should never feel shitty about yourself. Off course, you should never ignore constructive feedbacks. They allow us to continuously re-evaluate ourselves. And self-evaluation is vital for us to grow (*read: to grow mentally, emotionally, intellectually, etc. etc... in short, to grow wiser). You must've sensed the familiarity of the rationale. It's in the psychological theories, teachers teach you in school, parents teach you from young, heck, they even have whole shelves in mega bookstores in the 'Motivation' or 'Self-Help' sections dedicated to books that tell you to value yourself.

So, why this blog, you may ask. Frankly, I don't know. [By now, you must be thinking, "what a confused soul"]. I want to stress that, I'm not confused. I'm just curious. Here's a thought. At what level of criticsm do you usually deem healthy? How many shots of those do you deem constructive? How many jabs are of the 'moderate' dosage - the healthy balance? Now, I'm quite sure, there must be different benchmarks as to how each and everyone of you determine the balance point. As for me, for as long as I know I don't betray my values I was brought up with, instilled and educated with, then I'm not denying myself value. Hope all of you out there will discover the confidence to stand up for your self-value!

No comments:

Post a Comment