Sunday, November 30, 2008

A List of Reasons...

Today, as I was in the midst of gathering and organizing my thoughts, I pondered upon this.
If you, or anyone, would've had asked me, why do I love you, I would be struggling for words to explain.

I've always thought, I have plenty of things I love about you. But now that I thought about it, I don't think any of those were the reasons why I love you. There were no reasons, because I just do.

I love that you'd gently pat my head and call me ling. I love being spoilt by you. But if you don't do that, would I still love you regardless? I would.

I love it when you score that basketball point in any random evening session. I love watching you play and cheering for you. I love sharing your pride and achievements. But if you don't score that point, would I still cheer on and love you regardless? I would.

I love feeling safe with you. You can probably close both your eyes, and still manage to get to the destination without a loss of direction. You seemingly have a GPS in your head. And I love that I can count on you on that. But if you lead me to a wrong way, and got us both lost, would I still love you regardless? I would.

I love that you sing well. I love listening to you sing. I love that you play the guitar well. I love seeing you in full concentration. But if you don't sing, and don't play the guitar, would I still love you regardless? I would.

I love your honesty. I love that I can always trust you. But if you were to lie to me and hurt me, would I still love you regardless? I would.

I love that you're always striving to secure a better future, I love that you strive for the best financial stability. But if you were to go bankrupt, would I still love you regardless? I would.

I could continue listing hundreds or thousands of things I love about you. But if you'd take one of those things out, would I then stop loving you? I wouldn't think so. I would still love you entirely.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah... I posted a comment, then accidentally deleted, shows how new I am to this Blogspot thingy. Okok, let me retype "my heart is melted though this blog is not meant for me :p Ok, drop by to say "Hi", add oil in our future Blogosphere ya~!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...thanks. Come to think of it, you're the first to officially drop by and leave a mark behind (a.k.a comment), haha. Okie, add oil together ya!

    ReplyDelete