Friday, November 7, 2008

Reality Check

Okay, this enlightenment may seem a little 'deep' for a second entry. But I did mention, I just want to capture my thoughts (so that I can look back and see how much I've grown down the years. Blah, haha).

Anyway, a close friend of mine sent me this yesterday : http://shinscancerblog.blogspot.com/. I've since been reading a random selection of entries from Shin's blog (even in the office, during alternate work hours, mind you). See, it's one wrong choice to be in the 'reflection' mode while you're at work. Why? Because... I do get carried away with emotions, sometimes. Okay okay, most of the times. And then, she (my close friend) has to recommend this other good book to read (which also allow plenty of room for reflection mode). You may check it out here, it's called The Last Lecture by the late Randy Pausch : http://www.thelastlecture.com/.

One of the thoughts that stood out to me was, how will I face 'death'? As in, if it happens to someone I know, or someone dear to me. Recently, a colleague of mine lost her dad, he was only 57 or 58 of years. Looking at her handling so well at the services, made me think, if something like that were to happen to me (touch-wood), I wondered if I could handle it as well as she did. I'm 24 this year, and I honestly think, when it comes to so many matters in life, I'm still so much like a kid! So this is reality check #1. Hence, resolution for #1 would be, start being a grown-up! Reality check #2 would be, I've been working for 2 years now, and I seriously save close to nothing. And to claim that I'm a Finance Degree holder is a total shame, looking at how 'financially' inefficient I am! Hence, resolution for #2 would be, I have got to start implementing strict (yes, strict) control over my spending behaviors. Reality check #3 would be, asking myself "What are the key milestone achievements in my 24 years of life?", and my answer to that, "Hmmm....". Hence, resolution for #3 would be, start getting out of comfort zone to make way for some really effective change!

With that, I'm ending my second post here with this particular newcomer artiste I like who sings really well (with good guitarist skills too!). Do check out his other songs when you've got the luxury of free-time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment