Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shokudo - Japanese Food Bazaar Concept, SG

It's 1.15am!
My eyes are this (.) close to dozing off. But.. but, I patiently waited for all the below photos to be uploaded for you to feast your eyes. Am I good or wat? Haha. (Actually, it was because I've not been diligently posting any photos here for a while now, so might as well... err, make it colourful).

Okay, here goes. Was in the land/island below one of the recent weekends, and am still recovering from the pain of my purse's injury. Not like GSS is already here, it's just we've been spending so much on yummy-delicious food like these! Sinful!

I'll try posting these places on separate entries (if I continue to be diligent that is, haha).

Here's my first "blood-flowing-from-the-purse" experience from the trip.

Behold...

Shokudo. It's a japanese food bazaar - where they've got similar concepts with Marche, the marketplace. Only with lots and lots of jap food! I like! :D

Okay now, on to the concept :

You walk around, spotting counters and stalls to hunt for your preference.

Stuffs like these....

Or these...

And then you present your card (you'll be given each a card upon entrance)...

To the guy over the counter, they'll swipe your order value, prepare your food... (You'll pay your total swiped upon exit at the counters).

A few random interiors & exteriors :

I was at the one in Heeren. There are quite a number of branches across Sg, you could find out more here on their website.

Random wall deco....

At the check-out counter...

Random umbrella deco hanging over the counter...

Alright, it's time to make you hungry! Nyehehe.
(But before I go on, I have to say, the thing about back-dated food posts, is that you kinda forget what these dishes are called, by the time you blog about them. So please just feast on the photos). We ordered to feed an army!

This one I know... sashimi - we've got a mix of salmon, octopus, yellow-tail, and tuna.
There were a few different combos to mix with, so you could choose according to what your taste buds prefer...

Can't remember what's this called. But that's a fish. And check out the glistening egg-wrapped rice (something like nasi goreng pattaya la...)

Yakitori - we had a stick of beef, and another stick of scallops. (Scallops super nice, I tell you!)

Okonomiyaki - I think we ordered this with Idako & Shitakes. Can't quite remember. But I do remember these are super tasty too! Not like the ones we have back here!

Double-layered chicken burger - from the counter where it sells rice burgers! Don't underestimate them, these are so huge that we had trouble biting that the chef had to cut them into pieces for us.

Macha with lots of azukis at the bottom!
(But a little too milky, I felt it made the green tea bland)

Me like this! Banana milk! And I thought milk ma... but when I opened the lid, got 'pssshhh' sound - carbonated! Special or not? But very nice lor... Don't know if we can find it here - shall hunt for it!

Dessert - obviously the green thing half-falling is the macha ice cream, followed by lots of shaved ice and huge azukis.

Not gonna tell you how much all these costs, 'coz then you'll start converting our ringgit value into SGD and feel the pain to splurge. Haha. But seriously, worth the try... not as expensive as you think. Give it a go the next time you're down south!

3 comments:

  1. yum!! loving your photos! thanks for sharing~ definitely made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the one I will be going this weekend? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Pineapple Man - Thanks for dropping by, glad you like the photos! :)

    BC - Please drop obvious hints to sean! hahaha

    ReplyDelete