Monday, December 15, 2008

The Joyous and Solemn Occasion

Over the past week, I've attended two weddings, and a funeral.
I've seen how two lovely couples come together and devote their lives to each other, and I've seen how daunting it can be to have lost someone dear to you.
I've partied and celebrated together, in the name of love, with the couples starting new journeys of their lives together; I've also mourned together, in the name of love, with family and friends at the sudden loss.

And all of these, had made me thought of the very few things that has been so clichéd-ly said over and over again, yet have always been taken granted for.

Life could be short. We really wouldn't know.
I've never felt this deeply that if one day I were to die, I would want to have lived my life meaningfully. Age really is just a number. Whoever could guarantee you that "As long as you stay healthy, do your part in the community, play all the rules safely, and you'll live up to a hundred years old", is lying. Even God doesn't promise you that. What we can do, is to make every living day count. So whenever we have the urge to think "We'll always have tomorrow to do that", we really wouldn't know if we'll live up 'til tomorrow, would we?

After the one week throughout, I'm even more reminded to treasure people who have closely surrounded me throughout my lifetime. And I've never felt this grateful for even the simplest things and slightest gestures in my everyday life. I hope I'll carry this mindset with me for the longest time!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Za dao! I got treasure you ma Ms Kuan. Almost everyday I go check your blog for new entries you know.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thank you thank you. aih, should drop me a sentence or a smilling face, give me some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete