Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Weekend Escapade

As the title may have suggested, was away for the weekend (and Monday) for a little "getaway". With limited annual leaves, even short getaways like these are deemed so precious that I take it seriously (seriously enjoyable that is...). I declared my own Easter holidays okay. Monday wasn't even a public holiday here in Malaysia.

And you guess what. When I was back in the office on Tuesday morning, such a conversation took place...

Boss : "Welcome back! So how was your weekend?"
Me : "Erm, quite good, but tiring as well"
Boss : "Why? What did you do?"
Me : "I was travelling"
Boss : "Where to?"
Me : "Err.. Johor, then to Singapore"
...and this is what he responded...
Boss : "You don't call that travelling okay... You sounded like you just went to Cairo and came back or something"

Haiyo! I kena kantoi. But really tiring mah... within 3 days travelled from KL - JB - Singapore - JB - KL. To be elaborate, it was actually Sentul - Subang - LCCT - Senai - Kulai - Singapore - Kulai - Senai - Subang - Sentul. So you tell me.. qualified to say tired or not? Haha :D

Ok-lah. Without further delay, here are the few pictures taken (very minimal though - not because I didn't take much photos, just because I tak semangat to wait for more photos to be uploaded into blogger ;p).

Bits of this...

And this....



And this... Makes up Singapore Flyer. Yes, I was right there, in the eye of Singapore.

And this is how Singapore looks like from high above. I was actually trying to capture the sun-setting, which resulted in this. Obviously, I'm a failed photographer. Haha.

A picture of our Jap friends taken at Clarke Quay, Naoki & Miyuki. Newly-wedded couple. We cruised along here, and went for dinner at Boat Quay thereafter.

Highlight during dinner : Naoki-san sweated to the max at first scoop of Tom Yum soup. Haha.

Lovely couple they are. Caught in the act doing this... And if you're wondering what's that behind him..

You guessed right. It's the Merlion!

It wasn't my first trip to Singapore. But to be re-visiting Singapore with different company and with a different perspective could prove to be just as fun too.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I hv been traveling like this for past few months too. Really tired. But well, yours look like a real vacation le! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a real vacation because it WAS supposed to be the couple's real vacation ma. Haha... You see they so enjoy. But don't have photo of me enjoying rite? Haha

    ReplyDelete