Saturday, April 18, 2009

Of Wasabi Peas

You know how we've always got our long-term addictions, and seasonal addictions?
I would think my long-term indulgence would be Japanese cuisine. No objections.
My seasonal indulgence, on the other hand, has been as fluctuating as the Dow Jones' share prices in the recent months of credit crunch. There was the Australian nougats, Korean salted seaweed, then there was the Taiwanese bubble milk tea, then there was dark chocolates, then there was HoneyDew chewing gums, then there was the green tea addiction (of macha ice creams, with some azukis, of Ochacha's signature freezzie, with its macha dessert cakes, etc, you name it...). And then...



...this came.

Behold, SherLin's new addiction - the wasabi peas! I tell 'ya, this thing's good. I got so hooked on it that this is my second bottle in 3 days.

Now, here's a question for you. This came though my mind while enjoying my wasabi peas. How do you describe, the taste you feel when you've got 'the-Wasabi-effect' on your tongue? You know, that tingling sensation. Do you say, it's spicy? Hot? Burning? Volcanic? Minty? Fiery? Penetrative? Piercing? Pungent? It stings? I was actually thinking hard to find the right way to describe it... and I'm still thinking. There goes my Wasabi dilemma, hmm... challenging, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Anywhere. I think supermarkets should have. Maybe Isetan should have. I got mine from Cold Storage. :D

    ReplyDelete