Friday, August 21, 2009

Gadget-Dependent Me

I think my home PC's hard disk crashed! :((
It's not officially certified 'dead' yet.. let's all just hope & pray for me that it's only throwing tantrum & misbehaving for a night, ok?

I had a lot of things throwing tantrum on me yesterday. Honestly. It's either, a totally wrong/bad day for me... or I'm just super jinx-ed with electronics.

All in all, it got me thinking about how youth like us are so heavily dependant on gadgets (in this so called tech-savvy-era).

Let me throw you a question.
If you lost all your contacts in your mobile phone, would you...
(a) feel insecure (eg. "Shit! How now? How to call my friends, I'll lose all my friends!")
(b) feel useless (eg. "How? How? I can't even remember my own house phone no.!")
(c) feel old (eg. "I can memorise all the numbers and dial them instantly on my finger tips during school days. Why can't I recall any now??!)

Don't kid yourself. If you answer any of the options above, face it. You're gadget-dependent too!

Last night, my phone blacked-out on me for 2 hours while I was out alone. That's 2 hours (only), but it felt like eternity. I never felt so handicapped in a very long time. To say that I have some loose change & some coins in my pocket to go to a public phone and dial, yet, I crammed my head trying to recall what was the number that I'd wanted to dial. Pathetic, I know. And I relied so much on my mobile that I was so used to checking time & calendars with it, checking my reminders of to-do list with it, to an extent of calculating discount prices while doing my shopping with it!

See how much I'm dependant on it? (I have got to learn to rely less of it! Starting from like... now!)

1 comment:

  1. You're right...but I can still remember some of my close friends number lar....

    ReplyDelete