Monday, August 3, 2009

This Year, I'm Keeping It Simple

I know it's not here yet. But I'd like to claim my deserved wishes.
If I'd get 3 wishes, then I'd be noble. And I'd wish for all the goodness for everyone throughout the world. But if I'd get only 1 wish, then I'd be keeping it all for myself. Times are bad. You gotta be economical. You gotta make profit out of the slightest and tiniest investment. And to a certain extent, you gotta prioritise yourself, even if it means being selfish. Small little things. Even when it comes to small simple things like making birthday wishes.

People say as you get older, you tend to keep it simpler. I don't think I've ever really utilised my birthday wishes for all these recent years. (I hope I can still claim those - is it too late?).
This year, I want one thing and only one thing. That is, to be happy. I know I've only lived for as long as a quarter of a century. But I've lived long enough to know that being happy is not something you can buy with lots of money (not that I do), it's not something you can fake & hypnotized yourself with, nor is it something you can measure by counts in possessions.

So Genie & your trusted bottle, if you do exist, could you please grant me this wish??

No comments:

Post a Comment