Monday, September 21, 2009

Drilling Thoughts

Apologise for being idly in the recent weeks on this space.
The only time you see me blog an entry, it would consists only of minimal words and of food pictures. I wish I had more time to spare for myself and for me to blog. Mind you, I still have plenty of food entries' photos to post on, they're all now sitting all over on different laptops & pen drives. Blame my unreliable hard disk. It's only more than a year old, and it so conveniently crashed on me. I plan to get myself a new one - wait... soon... (Please be patient with me while I try to organize and post these photos) =).

Work's been pretty frustrating lately. It's not the job... it's the people.
True enough that MNCs like these usually spend tons of money to get employee engagement right. A lot of the people dimension and aspects being focused on. But what are all those without the ppl themselves wanting to reflect themselves in the mirror, wanting to change? A true leader with good leadership qualities is someone who can manage different characters, they say. If that's so, I know I can't be a good leader. I don't change myself just to fit into a political circle. It shows on my face if I don't like someone, or when I'm angry. I don't excel in faking, or drama for that matter. It's not arrogance, it's being true to myself, and to the ppl around me. At least I don't become the best-est buddy in your whole world and go around poking your back like the most devilish enemy. At least, I don't pat your fur or worship you like you're never wrong, and then turn around and point my fingers at you. And that, is what I believe in. Being true to what I think, what I feel, and what I should do. And I think I have my personal rights to feel annoyed when I'm being annoyed. Why like have to pretend to be nice in such circumstances lah? Don't get it... Ppl just like harping on the most pettiest and minusculest issue. And does that get you anywhere better in work productivity and efficiency? No, not really. So what's the point? The point, apparently, to those ppl, is to waste some time, and at the same time create and enhance their visibility. See. How smart. Again, very political.

I wish everyday is a weekend. Or a public holiday.
At least even staying home boring-ly without nothing better to do is still far better than getting drowned in the political environment. It's just mind-exhausting.
I'm setting myself a target. I hope in time to come, my occupation reads : Self-employed. Business/working hours : Anytime I want/like.
Yea, I should buy more lotteries and visit Uncle Lim more.

No comments:

Post a Comment