Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back To Basics

I'm learning.
Everytime I caught myself thinking of you, of us, I switched my focus elsewhere.
I think it's slowly working.
I probably am starting to grow out of denial stage.
I learned to allow myself to smile, to laugh now.
It hits me off-handed sometimes, if I'll ever get over you, over this. And I get anxious. I get worried.
But I think I'm slowly learning now.
Slowly applying the philosophical theories.
Learning that the right relationship should bring out the best in us. And not miserably.
My heart still cringes at the thought & possibility that you'll find someone new, that could do just that. Bringing out the best in you. The thought that you'll be happy not being with me, is still painful. But I try pushing this thought aside, knowing I'm just going to be biting off too much than I could chew on.
I dare not say if I could draw a very clear line against the do's and the dont's, the should's and the shouldnt's, in handling this.
But I think I'm slowly learning.
I think I'm slowly learning to let go.
I think I'm slowly getting used to this.
I think I'm going back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment