Monday, January 19, 2009

CNY Prequel

I am so looking forward to Chinese New Year. I've always anticipated the arrival of CNYs, but this year's different, anticipation towards it measures beyond words. I'm getting more and more of the 'home-sick' element these days. I miss my bed, miss my mum's cooking, miss waking up to the cheerful chit-chatty noise of the family. Here, I wake up next to a pile of pillows and magazines around me, and nothing more than that. I miss the warmth of my always-loving family. It's comical isn't it? With what I'm going through right now, I think of my family, my home - where I belong, which I think I've somewhat learnt to have taken for granted of in the recent years. Life's always been busy with other more exciting things that needed my attention & precious time - relationship, shopping, career, etc. Things are so much simpler back at home. When there's storm and thunder, I feel protected at home. And it's italic because there's more to it than just taking shelter from the bad weather outside [like a metaphor], but it also indicates how at ease to know that of all storms that life has to offer me, I can always come home to my family and know that I'm safe here, or at least I'm safe for a bit before I go out to war again outside home. I know that sooner or later I have to be an adult - move out, have my own family, and start handling my own life up's and down's, and the complexity of life. But right now, all I want to do is hold off my guards, and enjoy the simplicity of being a child to my parents, being a sister to my younger sisters. That simple. That's it then, 7 days counting down!

3 comments:

  1. I miss my home too, always. That's why I never feel tired and willing to rush back though I am physically tired. I guess is the power of Home that keeps me up each time I am on my journey back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing~ suddenly we're at this stage like an "adult" now... last time we always get to hear the same comment from someone elder, but we couldn't get the feel of it. And now, it's coming fr both of your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... ren lao le.. what to do.
    Don't want to admit 'old' also cannot dy..

    ReplyDelete