Saturday, January 31, 2009

CNY Sequel

Hey all, I'm still very much celebrating the CNY holidays.
But I'm temporary back for new postings, though I'm not officially back in KL yet.
Thought of doing a quick entry for the day.

A few take aways from this CNY :

1. The Malays love mandarin oranges and crave for them more than we Chinese do. Was in Giant to do some CNY shopping with my parents, and observed this - at almost all queues at the checkout counters, most of the customers who are holding boxes and crates of mandarin oranges a.k.a "lou kam", are Malays. They simply love it. They're the ones who contribute to most sales of the oranges, majority by far.

2. Times are really bad. With the sliding economy status, even the ang pau (red packets) collection slides along. These days, a piece of RM5 contained ang pau can get me nowhere near a nice plate of chicken rice. I'm not complaining, I know exactly what age I am in now. I'm at the stage where ang pau money collection isn't something to look forward anymore. Instead, with me earning my own bucks now, I should be distributing/presenting/offering ang paus to my elders, ie. mum, dad, grandma. Speaking of which, my grandma has this pantang explaining how us unmarried kids shouldn't be giving out ang paus, even to elders as simply a genuine sign of respect. No idea why. I got a nice good warning from my grandma for attempting to give her ang pau. Oh crap.

3. I have friends (those who don't attempt or don't bother to actually keep in touch like, for a few years) who showed up at my house during CNY. And not that they bothered catching up when they're over at my place, they just talked among themselves, get their angpaus, grabbed some drinks, and left. Even better that they actually had the nerves to bring their cousins, siblings, who-so-ever, whom I do not know, and whom they do not bother introducing. They dropped by and left. Just like that. What good friends they are, huh?

Hmm.. Shall think of what else there is, and add more takeaway points here later.
Til' then, enjoy the remaining holidays everyone! Tata.

2 comments:

  1. hey yo, senior~
    apa khabar?
    gosh, i haven't been seeing you for so long..
    how's life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, what a surprise to see your comment here!
    (And I thought I want to leave my blog unseen, haha). Yes, I haven't seen you for ages too. And I found your blog recently by accident somewhere (can't remember, I think it was the good ol' Facebook) and which I enjoy reading now :D Life's good so far la... work can be boring at times though, haha. You? How's life treating you after leaving SABS? (I think I've learnt about your life in some ways through your blog) - sounds macam stalker, ish

    ReplyDelete