Monday, January 12, 2009

The Craziest Things have to Happen at the Oddest Times

I wish I could precisely tell you how much of the craziest and wackiest things happening to me lately. I even wish I had pictures taken to show you more. Unfortunately, at the speed that I am typing now, I wouldn't think that's allow-able. Just so you know, I'll be quite handicapped for the next few days to come. I'll tell you why.

For one, I've caught this skin problem/disease in these past days [...and which, will continue in the days to come :~( ]. My hands are now full of mini spots/chicken pox/blisters (however you may want to call them), and they itch like hell! It's a wonder I got through the day at work without actually tearing my skin apart! *Thinking to self : Definitely a great way to celebrate the 2nd week of work.. urgh*. The events that took turns prior to this, man, I have to say, I can't help but agree with dear bc - fan tai shui! (If you don't already know my dear friend, she just has this tendency of giving each mishaps the 'fan tai shui' reason throughout the whole of 2008 (2008 of chinese year, that is) - applicable to anyone who's of the chinese zodiac rat. And she's probably either a) laughing her head off reading this right now, or b) preparing to sms me saying I'd high-profiledly spoilt her reputation in my blog. Haha). Relating back to my story, I'd seen two doctors for this 'disease'. One prescribed me a wrong medication, which resulted in those itchy spots spreading to a larger area of my hands. I literally wanted to chop my hands off, it was THAT itchy, ok. CRAP doctor, I tell you. I was there, in his clinic, on the patient's chair, eagerly wanting to cure my so called 'sickness', and there he was, chit-chatting and flirting away with his nurse. And what I got out of there, was wrong medication! Thank god the second doctor I went to this morning was a gem! She prescribed me something to sooth the itchiness, but the downside to this is, I had to pop a pill every four-hourly, including the hours where I'm sleeping throughout the night. Imagine having to put my alarm from waking up at 1am, then 5am, then 7am (for work). Hmm... But the doctor was kind enough to actually offered (no wait, she didn't offer, she practically advised me) to take 2 days off work. She was explaining how much my work nature was to type, and that it wouldn't do any good if i stayed. But I ended up staying in the office til 6pm (I could've knock off 5.30pm, so I stayed half an hour later that expected) even with a valid MC on hand. Had too much to follow up from the weekend, and figured if I stayed home, I would still need to type anyway (except, not for work, but for my blog, and my messengers). So much so for the phrase 'Presence is not performance'. Right.

*Laughing hard* Realised that I actually started my story with 'For one...', and my 'one' was a pretty long one. [*Grin*] I'll just give myself this one entry to be emo about the events that had killed my mood.

For two, (yeah I know, it's not finished) I'd bought a bottle of cooling Ribena from the 7-Eleven next to crappy doctor's clinic to ease the thirst. I went home, thinking I could now feel better with the prescribed medicine and some dinner to fill the stomach, with my bottle of Ribena. IT WAS FULL OF MAGGOTS when I opened. On the whole of inner layer of the bottle cap. And I was calm enough to actually wash up the whole bottle and throw it in the dustbin without drinking a sip, thinking what the hell. That calm 'til I actually didn't think of re-capping that bottle and carry it back to 7-Eleven to complain. And I didn't even think of taking any photos to blog about. I was that calm alright. Three bucks gone, and I never had a sip.

That sums up about the craziest things that took most of my weekend away. The only good thing that happened over the weekend, was seeing my mum & dad do some cha-cha dance moves with the Wii that I've brought home. That switched my attention away from the itchiness and pain, A LOT. That, and meeting up with two of my good ol' ktn buddies for a nice catching-up session over long drinks. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment