Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our World in a Kid's Eyes

It takes great courage to be a kid in an adults' world, I believe.
Here's what spurred the thought.

This morning when I was on my way to work in the crowded monorail, I saw a little gal tagging along with her mum. The kid was about 4-5 years of age, I presume, and she was wearing her kindergarten uniform. My guess was she's on her way to school. But what appealed to me was how lost she looked! She was standing amidst all the commuters who are busily on their way to work, trying to grab hold of something to desperately stabilize herself in the moving train. And her height was only half the most of us. Every other minute, her face was practically brushed off by occasional moving handbags of the OL (Office Ladies). And this guy I saw had the guts to actually shove his pair of butts (yes, you read correctly, butts) into her innocent face. How disrespectful. Gosh! I pity the 'lil kid. To think of how little & tiny she was, and yet all the giants all around her, in a midst of the morning rush, were giving her such a hard time, she must have been frightened in a way or another. Hmm....

On another note, I think the medication I'm taking is giving me diarrhea every now and then. But I still have to thank the medication undoubtedly for helping me suppress the spots from growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment