Sunday, May 10, 2009

Krispy Kreme is here in KL!

Right, I had to do another post on food.
This has been a 'lil delayed, but here goes...

You know how Krispy Kreme donuts became the talk of the town lately?
Yup, everyone everywhere was practically talking 'bout those donuts!
You hear 'em donuts spoken by colleagues in the office, by passerby's in the monorails, in the shopping malls (even when you're pee-ing in the toilet)... practically everywhere. I kid you not!

So last week, I finally had my share of this new hype when I headed down to Berjaya Times Square & bought those yummy little donuts, packed 'em back home to Kuantan, and share with the entire family these new little arrivals in town.

I'm sharing a few shots here. Just don't drool... :D


The culprit that was responsible for everyone's added wasitlines... hehe..

space These are the original honey glazed ones...

space And these are a few assorted ones... Check out those choc bits - those are from Hershey's, yummm!

space

I didn't quite had the chance to try out more assorted flavours as I bought 'em quite late. Shall give this another go soon!

5 comments:

  1. So is there a long queue phenomenon in Times Square? By the way, be proud of it, because the country that I am now in, no Krispy Kreme yet, hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I just typed my comment and it dissapeared! ok, let me retype :(

    I heard that Mid Valley will hv its branch too, so I shall wait for the Mid Valley one! hehe. And the other day when i wanted to inform Gkai about this 'new' doughnut, mana tau he said he tried before in Japan 1 or 2 years back. And his friend queue for 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SY - Haha! SG really don't have yet? I assume got, so it never occured to me to be 'proud' of their arrival.. hehe... ok lah, I shall be now! haha! But no, no long queue wor surprisingly, but I was there quite late la, around 9pm, and probably they were already clearing the donuts since they're closing, so I don't have much choices to try on. Next time! :D

    BC - Yup! I think they're opening another outlet in MV, probably by end of next month. So you can try when it's there! Yalor, newspaper reported first day it opened, the queue started wee hours of the morning! Becoz the first customer gets one-year supply of their donuts! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, not available here yet. Before KL, the nearest place they can get if not mistaken is Australia, so we always see many people from here carrying it back from Australia on board. Also, I read an article before, analyzing where is the nearest place for the locals here to get Krispy Kreme, so KL the nearest, proud leh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! So good until they purposely ta pau back from Aus, geng! So means in near future we'll see many more Singaporeans in Times Square & MV? haha

    ReplyDelete