Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Ship SteakHouse @ Jln Sultan Ismail

Err.. Pardon me. I'm gonna do another post on food again. Haha.
Reason being, I haven't been doing anything sufficiently interesting to be blogged about. The only interesting thing that's been happening of late was that sis is around in KL for the week, so there'll be more food outing. So bear with me (one week only, very cepat lalu wan... haha).

Anyway, today's post will be on our dinner outing last nite at The Ship, along Jln. Sultan Ismail, KL. Dad decided to treat us to something nice. Either that, or he's been eating too much of Nasi Lemak, or MeeHoon Goreng, or Nasi Goreng Kampung until muak himself. Haha. It was my first time to the branch/outlet here, though wasn't necessarily my first visit to The Ship in particular. When I did dine in The Ship previously, it was the one along Jln. Bukit Bintang. So dad and I had this conversation that went like that.

Dad : "Tonight, dinner at The Ship, okay?"
Me : "Okay, the one near Bkt Bintang?"
Dad : "Yeah, the one nearby Bkt Bintang"
- pause - assuming everything gau dim, confirm - then...
Dad : "You know how to go or not?"
Me : "I know la... Just opposite the Sg Wang/BB Plaza la" (thinking if dad thought I was stupid or wat, haha)
Dad : "Nolar. Walk along Sultan Ismail"
Me : "Har? U mean walk along Bkt Bintang?"
Dad : "No. Sultan Ismail"

( ...Communication gap/Miscommunication. Bound to always happen with dad & I. Don't know why... haha... )

So I ended up googling to find out if there was one in Sultan Ismail. If my visual memory served me correctly, I think I'd seen it from the monorail before. Haha.

So anyway, here are the few captured snapshots of what we had at The Ship last night (in random sequence).


The usuals to start off with - bun with butter spread
Dad had a glass of red wine, just for the fun of it (and for the red meat)
Sis had Apple Juice... (of all things)

I had Seafood Chowder to start with... (banyak seafood, see, I had to scoop up to show you all, haha)

Salad, came with the chef-recommended steaks..

Carpetbag Steak - mixed with oysters in between...

Charbroiled Rib-Eye Steak...

Charbroiled Sirloin Steak...

A dessert to end with - Banana Split..

I can only say, we had a very stuffed dinner. Stuffed is the correct word to use, 'coz throughout the night 'til the wee hours of the morning, we were still burping steak-flavoured gas. So the word stuffed is justified. = )

3 comments:

  1. there's actually 2 within walking distance of each other in the bukit bintang area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, yea... So now I know... Cannot simply talk 'loud' next time.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel "stuffed" too by looking at your two entries on food, western food!

    ReplyDelete