Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mongol (2007)


Thanks to my highly-interested-in-history other half (I'm quite sure he's not reading this), I've had the opportunity to watch this movie a few months back (without really knowing it was gonna be an up-coming blockbuster movie). I see that it's now showing on GSC screens, so I did a little more homework to find out more on the movie that I'd been trapped to watch back then, without knowing a clue of what to expect. I think I did ask if it was gonna be one of those long boring movies with lots and lots of historical data to digest. By the name of it 'Mongol', that would be a common perception to hold. But I was proven wrong. Historian or not, I would want to really recommend this movie if you're interested to find out more of the ever-famed great ruler, Genghis Khan that practically everyone in our century (or centuries before) have heard of. Directed by award-winning Sergei Bodrov (Russian), the story brings us to see how Temujin grew up as a kid in all life's turbulence, right up 'til how he became Khan of the Mongol Empire, the largest & greatest empire of all time in history. A truly reflective movie. Do give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment