Sunday, January 3, 2010

Muhibbah Seafood Restaurant, Kuantan

This is how I spent my very first day of 2010.
Dinner with the family, at this locally famous chinese seafood restaurant called Muhibbah Seafood Restaurant. We somehow have a habit to call it Sha Yu Restaurant, and I'll tell you why in a bit.

The point is... if you happen to visit Kuantan someday in the future, don't forget to drop by and give this a go. Confirm no regrets wan, haha. It's a little difficult to locate though, as it's sitting right in the hub of an industrial area. It's almost impossible to reach for its many narrow turnings leading to this restaurant, but come 7-ish, it never fails to be fully thronged by hungry locals (and some from the outstations). It helps to make a reservation before you go, you can even pre-order your dishes, else be prepared to wait at minimum 30-45 mins if the crowd happens to be big.

Doing a test shot of the plate of peanuts served as typical starter in most chinese restaurants.

Fried sotong served with Lingam-alike chilli sauce. Sadly, unlike every other day, this wasn't very satisfying that night.

This, my friend, is the reason we call the restaurant Sha Yu Restaurant. Don't miss their stir-fried shark, as it's their jiu pai (specialty) dish. I've not tried any nicer servings of this to date. =)

You have got to have some greens on the table.

And yes, this. We indugled in yummy crabs that evening.

Okay, enough of food for now. Erm, sadly, I don't have the address to this restaurant. I mean, I've always taken for granted we've been there countless times, so it never occured to me to actually take note of the real address, except for that few landmarks nearby, just so I don't lose my way. Anyway, if you are interested to drop by, give me a call. I should be able to lead you there. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment