Monday, November 2, 2009

Reflections Through The Screen

This came in for me from a good friend today. She's just heard about my recent breakup, and texted in to see if I was okay. Upon a few exchanges of smses, she wrote,

"Babe, one thing I've learned, we can't give up on anything. Be it work or personal, task or turmoil; when we get tired - which you are allowed to, by the way, one takes rest & carry on the effort. Nothing in life is easy. Remember if it is, then it's not heartfelt. Easy come, easy go! 6 years is surely a wonderful, beautiful phase of your prime youth that you've shared with him. So often we look at the good things, and continue to grunt about the not-so-good things. But it's the trying times that I believe makes a bond stronger. When it comes to affairs of the heart, no one's words is a comfort, no advice heals, nothing makes it better... That's just the brutal truth. So babe, you shut all those external voice and listen to the still voice from your heart. Right now, you are hurting and the thought in your mind could bounce against the voice from your heart... So for now, allow yourself to the pain. Once you've passed that, through all serenity, that silent still voice from within will deafen all logic & rationale. You are not being negative, only you know how your bond was & still probably is... He must be in your shoes too. Give it some time & say a prayer everyday for clarity of thought. Follow your heart, and most importantly, believe in it!"

As I teared reading these reflections through my handphone screen, I took her words to heart. Because no one could qualify to know life better than she did, after all the hardships she's gone through, and still empowered herself with such strength and clarity in mind. I knew she was right to have seen these through me. I finally came to understand, in a very simple context, and in a very uncomplicated manner, that it's okay to be tired. It is not a weakness, nor a sin to be tired. Because no one has ever promised that life's gonna be easy.

I wanted to script this down, so that I'll always remember the wisdom behind these words.
And I hope too, in it, I'll find solace & strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment