Friday, November 27, 2009

Staycation Day 2 : Mind Search

"No one knows your relationship better than you do".
It's really true what people say.

It's an irony.
It's only when I stopped thinking, that I got my answer.
It's only when I stopped talking, that the inner voice starts speaking.

I know that today marks an important event.
But it's no longer important as it should be.
If what you're wishing for are all the successes, I'd rather be wishing you a clear conscience and clarity of mind as you grow. Growing a year old should mark wisdom. And wisdom earns you respect. If wisdom is what you've achieved, then I would've shared my blessings with you. But the respect you've so successfully earned in years, is beginning to wear thin. So is my patience, it's wearing thin too. So is my generosity.

When I gaze into a mirror and see a reflection of myself, what I see is my true self, my true conscience. There never was any hidden agendas. I smile when I'm genuinely happy, and I cringe when I'm genuinely worried and doubtful, and my tears fall when I'm genuinely sad and disappointed. That's just me, my true self. My reflections don't lie.

But I'm curious. What do you see? Do you still know the reflection you're staring back at? How exactly does it feel, staring at a stranger - your own reflection, and not knowing who that person is anymore? Don't you miss the real reflection of yours?

Mind search aside.
Guess what? Got a call from my manager today saying that there's been an error on my leaves revision, so I'm supposed to have less leaves than what I was planned for! Looks like I have to do without the Xmas break. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment